Dec 23, 2011

Book release!

We're very excited to announce the release of Rebecca Dmytryk's book, Wildlife Search and Rescue, a Guide for First Responders. It was set to be published in the United Kingdom today, December 23rd, and will be published in the United States in the coming months. More from the author:



This book has been a long held aspiration of mine - something I wanted and needed to do for years. I am thrilled to finally have it finished. (I am sure my publisher is, too.)

The book outlines the fundamental principles of wildlife rescue operations and details numerous capture techniques, with an emphasis on human safety and the welfare of the animal. 


I believe the information in the book will help save lives by bettering the skills of responders. I also hope it will be a catalyst for change - for improving the way wildlife casualties are responded to, especially in the United States.

I don't think of this book as the absolute word - the be-all end-all - not by any means. I see it as a living document that will be added to as years go on and we develop new and better ways of aiding wildlife.

Lastly, I just want to thank everyone who supported me in this endeavor, especially my husband, Duane.



You can find the book for sale at Amazon by clicking this link, HERE



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEA! I am so happy that this book has been published! This life is one of balance...
Rescue is really about the welfare of the animal...
I am sure this book will be a great tool!
Thank you!